Creamy Smoked Sausage Pasta is an easy weeknight dinner recipe! This recipe comes together pretty quickly and uses ingredients you probably already have in your refrigerator or pantry! I like keeping a beef kielbasa in the refrigerator for nights we forget to get meat out of the freezer.
- 12 oz package of Kielbasa
- 16 oz box of pasta
- 2 TBSP of butter
- 2 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- (2) 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 3 TBSP of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper
- Dried parsley
Prep Kielbasa Pasta
To make kielbasa pasta I like to start by gathering all ingredients needed to make the dish. Next, I like to cut the kielbasa up into small rounds.
Next, I measure out all of the seasonings that will be needed for the recipe. I prefer shredding my own Parmesan cheese from a big block, so I also go ahead and get that prepped.
Make Smoked Sausage Pasta
Start by getting out a large skillet and heating it over medium high heat. Add the sliced kielbasa to the skillet. Cook until nice and browned.
Once the smoked sausage is browned to your liking, remove it from the pan and set aside.
To begin making the sauce, add butter to the pan until melted. Add minced garlic, heavy cream, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Mix everything together well and let simmer for at least a few minutes until the sauce is the consistency you want.
Drain the cooked pasta and combine with sauce. Stir well to make sure the pasta is well coated in the sauce.
Serve Creamy Smoked Sausage Pasta
To serve, top the pasta with the cooked smoked sausage. I also like to top the pasta with a little bit more Parmesan cheese and some dried parsley! This is great served with a salad, green beans, or roasted broccoli.
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other favorite pasta dinners!
- Creamy Steak Pasta
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Crockpot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Marry Me Chicken Tortellini
- Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have a large family or older kids that eat more I suggest using two packs of kielbasa!
- Serve with a salad or some kind of vegetable.
- I prefer the Beef Kielbasa, but you can buy any of the other varieties of smoked sausage you like.
- I used 16 oz of Rotini pasta, but any pasta should work for this recipe.
- I prefer to buy a big block of Parmesan cheese and shred it myself.
- Fresh minced garlic or jarred mined garlic works for this recipe.